Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival was just announced at Nintendo’s E3 conference, and it seems that a bundled edition is already available for pre-order. The game will act as a spin-off the the Animal Crossing series and will feature a Mario Party-like board game mode. Amiibo will be required for each player. Currently announced playable Animal Crossing characters include Isabelle, K.K., Tom Nook and Mable, the four characters to have amiibo based on them.
According to the Amazon listing, the bundle includes:
- Includes game, two amiibo figures and three amiibo cards.
- Animal Crossing amiibo figures and cards get their own party game
- The board layout can remain the same, but the spaces and even the environment changes, depending on which month players choose for their game. As in other Animal Crossing games, players can buy turnips and use strategy to decide when to sell them for big money.
- Another mode challenges players to help animals gather supplies to build a raft and escape an island before time runs out.
- One compatible amiibo is required per player and are (sold separately).
Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival is set to release holiday 2015.