Featured photo by: Nicholas Eckhart.
Beginning March 8, Best Buy’s Gamers Club Unlocked costs just $30 to become a member for two years. Sporatically for the last year, Best Buy has had temporary sales for the Gamers Club Unlocked for $30 and recently made the decision to make it the permanent price. Previously, it was $99.99.
Here are the perks:
- 20 percent off new physical video game software (After three new titles, the membership has paid for itself)
- 10 percent bonus trade-in credit on video game software
- 10 percent off pre-owned video game software
- 2x My Best Buy points for every dollar spent on new video game software, digital gaming and game accessories
- 2 My Best Buy points for every dollar of video game software traded in
- Special one-time-use welcome coupons
- Exclusive offers
This should be of particular interest to Nintendo fans. With Gamers Club Unlocked, amiibos are 20 percent off, making them all $10.40. And when Best Buy offers amiibo for a discounted price of $9.99, the amiibo become $8.00 total.
According to Shane Kitzman who leads media relations for the southwest United States, gamers are among Best Buy’s most dedicated customers and while Gamers Club Unlocked was already popular and well-regarded in the gaming community, the company wanted it to be more accessible.