The Scrabble Slam! rules are simple– lay down a four letter word, shuffle and evenly distribute the rest of the cards and then all players lay out one letter on top of the word to make a new word. There are no turns, so the game can get pretty heated.
Pros of Scrabble Slam:
- Fast-paced and exciting
- Requires a decent amount of knowledge and strategy
- Has the potential to be used as an educational tool
- Cheap (generally between $5 and $7)
- Small and portable
- You can customize the rules
Cons of Scrabble Slam:
- Takes a while to set up the game, considering how short each game is
- Has little to nothing to do with the board game Scrabble
- Gets a little boring after about ten games
- Easy to get stuck near the end of the game
Consensus: For what it is, Scrabble Slam is a super portable alternative to the board game. It’s fun and addictive, but it has its minor flaws. For fans of card games, Scrabble Slam isn’t a game you’re going to want to miss out on. Order it here.